Many couples really take stock of their relationship as one year ends and a new one begins. The holidays are a time for reflection and can also be a time for intense stress. If you are realizing that the time has come to take steps toward a separation or divorce, you are not alone. AMS Mediation can help you navigate the process with less financial and emotional stress. Here are some of the ways that our team can help you.
1. All virtual mediation services: The pandemic pushed our team to move all of our mediation services from in person to virtual. The benefits of offering virtual mediation services have far exceeded our expectations. Our clients can sign in from a comfortable location without having to worry about a long commute or spending the day in the same space as their ex. Virtual mediation services are here to stay and offered routinely. All you need is a device and an internet connection.
2. Less expensive options to settle divorce: Mediation is much less expensive (financially and emotionally) than a court battle. Mediation will save you thousands of dollars, many hours of time and a significant amount of stress.
3. Various types of support options during the process: In addition to divorce mediation, we also offer divorce coaching, parenting consulting, parenting time expeditor services as well as post-divorce support services.
4. Confidentiality: Rather than having to air all of your personal issues in front of a courtroom, when you settle your divorce with mediation, this process remains fully confidential. It is also important to note that if mediation does not work, what you say in the mediation sessions cannot be used in a court battle.
5. Flexible scheduling: One of the primary reasons that the Minnesota courts recommend that all couples try mediation, or another alternative dispute resolution is because the court system simply cannot accommodate the volume of cases. Mediation allows you to have flexibility in scheduling. In fact, you can expect to resolve the terms of your divorce in 2-3 months, rather than 6-12 months going through the courts. In addition, virtual mediation allows you even more flexibility when scheduling.
If you are considering a divorce in 2024, do not assume that you will have to go through the courts. Mediation is an excellent alternative that will save you time, money and reduce overall stress. For more information about our mediation and parenting support services, call us at 952-252-1492 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.