Have you and your spouse recently separated and now are looking ahead to a divorce? It is important to realize that you may have more options than you think when it comes to how to settle the important issues related to your divorce. The Minnesota court system now requires all couples to attempt to settle their divorce using an alternative dispute resolution technique like divorce mediation. Amber Serwat of AMS Mediation is a highly skilled and experienced Burnsville mediator who can guide you through this process.
What are the Benefits of Mediation?
You may wonder why the courts actually encourage couples to try a technique like mediation before going through the litigation process. One of the primary reasons for this is because the courts simply cannot accommodate the high number of divorce cases. Wait times can be extremely long, extending the already difficult process of settling the terms of your divorce. Partnering with an experienced mediator can save you time and money. Rather than waiting for courtroom schedules to align with your attorney schedules (which can take many months), you can expect mediation to take 3-4 2 hour sessions over the course of 6-8 weeks.
Other benefits of choosing mediation include:
- Mediation actually reduces conflict rather than fanning the flames of conflict and making it worse
- It gives you the power to make decisions about child custody, dividing your property and spousal/child support, rather than leaving these decisions in the hands of a judge. Gives you the opportunity to be creative with your decisions.
- Lays a strong foundation for future co-parenting after your divorce is final
- Allows you to navigate divorce in an entirely confidential process
- Empowers your family to look forward to your future, rather than focusing on all of the pain of the past.
Experienced Divorce Mediator in Burnsville
The team at AMS Mediation understands how difficult divorce can be on each and every member of your family. Our focus is on minimizing this stress for all of you. We have found that using divorce mediation can make the divorce process go more smoothly, with less overall emotional impact. Our services are efficient, cost effective, professional and nonjudgmental.
Amber Serwat has been through a divorce herself so she brings her professional touch and personal compassion to each case she works on. For more information or to learn more about the divorce mediation services offered by AMS Mediation, call 952-252-1492. We are happy to provide a 30 minute free consultation so that you can ask questions and determine if mediation is the best path forward for your family.