Co-parenting after a divorce requires openness, strong communication and cooperation. This can be especially difficult after a contentious and potentially lengthy divorce that is characterized by conflict, anger and frustration. AMS Mediation specializes in helping former couples in Lakeville, MN co-parent effectively after divorce. Our team helps you keep in mind that your children’s wellbeing must always come first, even when emotions are high. Our co-parenting coaching services offer support and guidance to parents who are trying to resolve issues peacefully, with less stress for everyone involved.
Effective Co-Parenting Strategies in Lakeville, MN
When your marriage ends and your divorce ends, there is a huge transition for all family members. You and your former spouse must begin to co-parent without living in the same home and the dynamics can feel very different. Your children also have a major adjustment to make and you should expect this to take some time. It is normal for issues to come up after your divorce related to your custody agreement, spousal maintenance agreement and/or child support agreement. Rather than having to resolve these issues in the court, our co-parenting coach can help facilitate resolution of the issues you face yourselves, without litigation.
There are many benefits of using AMS Mediation’s co-parenting coaching services. These benefits include:
● Protecting your kids from conflict by resolving it in mediation sessions.
● Developing strategies for responding to potentially negative communication from your former spouse
● Working on plans that both parties can commit to regarding the numerous logistical issues you face including drop off pick up times and locations, vacation time, etc.
● Improving communication so that you can resolve issues successfully as they evolve. As time goes on and your kids age, you will have to come to an agreement about extracurricular activities, health care, disciplinary approach, and access to technology and social media.
● Working together to track and implement financial plans and shared expenses in a transparent and equitable way.
● Resolving issues around new relationships and blended families.
Resolve Co-Parenting Issues after Divorce without Litigation
The team at AMS Mediation understands that co-parenting is something that must be worked on continuously over time. As children grow up, their needs and preferences change and agreements that worked at the time of the divorce, may no longer be sufficient. Our co-parenting coach can help you navigate these changes, always putting your children first. If you live in Lakeville, MN and would like to speak with us about co-parenting coaching, call 952-252-1482.