Are you struggling to make parenting decisions since you and your ex split up? The divorce process is especially difficult and complicated for couples with children, because while a divorce may mean the end of your marriage, it does not mean the end of your parenting partnership. Divorce brings many difficult decisions about custody and a huge living adjustment for parents and kids. If you feel like your family might benefit from some professional support for this part of your journey, AMS Mediation can help. Our team offers co-parenting coaching services for a parent or parenting partners who are looking for ways to co-parent in a more effective, positive and successful way.
What Can a Co-Parent Coach Help With?
A co-parent coach will work hard to meet the needs of the family. It is important to tailor an approach to each situation and Amber Serwat of AMS Mediation has knowledge, training, skill and experience to connect with you and your family in a way that works for you. Some of the things that you can focus on with your co-parenting coach include:
● Protecting your child(ren) from the conflict between you and your ex
● Strategies for co-parenting and navigating issues such as exchanges, schedule changes, vacations, communication, and making decisions about things like extracurricular activities, healthcare, access to social media, etc.
● Ways to track, share and discuss financial expenses
● Strategies for discussing issues as they arise in the future (like new partners, a move, blended families, discipline, etc.). Your kid’s needs will change as they age, and a co-parenting coach can help you adapt your parenting style to these changes.
● Creating and implementing plans for new structure and consistency for your kids after divorce
● Strategies to respond to negative communication and conflict during and after divorce.
Co-Parenting Coaching Services in Minnesota
Going through the court system to resolve each and every problem that comes up related to your divorce and parenting is very costly, both financially and emotionally. Partnering with a mediation firm that can offer mediation services and co-parenting coaching can make a significant difference for your family and save you time, money and stress. Co-parenting successfully is difficult and very important. We understand that your kids did not choose divorce for you and your spouse, and we can help you make the transition easier for your entire family. For more information about our co-parenting coaching services, call 952-252-1492 to schedule a free consultation.