In our country, divorce is generally characterized by extreme conflict, emotional turmoil and bitterness. If you are facing a separation or divorce, it is important to know that this does not have to be the case. Divorce mediation is a highly effective tool during this difficult process that can help you through the entire divorce process without formal litigation, and with less conflict, and emotional stress. Divorce mediation can also take less time and cost less money, which can be two other important factors in this process. Minnesota is a leader in the U.S. for successful divorce mediation, with up to 80-90% of all divorces being settled this way, as opposed to in the courtroom. If you live in the Minnesota area and are facing an impending divorce, consider partnering with AMS Mediation for this journey.
Important Benefits of Divorce Mediation
There are many lasting and healthy benefits of using divorce mediation rather than following the traditional path of litigation. These benefits include:
- Helps control the financial and emotional costs of the divorce process.
- Allows creativity and collaboration to be used in the divorce process–this outside the box thinking often allows for resolution of non-legal issues that more closely aligns with each party.
- Can be easier on any children from the marriage because of less conflict.
- Allows both parties to look ahead, not back, and see solutions not just problems.
- Can lead to an outcome that is more satisfying for both parties.
- Can allow for a faster resolution.
Did you know that the state of Minnesota actually requires that a couple make a good faith effort to settle their divorce via mediation before taking it to court? This is in large part because of the effectiveness of the tool. Mediation allows for communication in a safe, non-judgemental and constructive environment conducive to problem solving. Mediation can occur with or without a lawyer, both options can work well, depending on the couple’s preference.
AMS Mediation: Ready to Help
Divorce is a difficult time for all involved and mediation is one strategy for managing in a more neutral and comfortable way. AMS Mediation has years of experience in divorce mediation and can help you sort out all aspects of a divorce including the division of property, child support and/or alimony, and develop a parenting plan to follow as you form separate homes. so, if you are looking for a way to reach a divorce agreement without going through the court system, contact AMS Mediation at 1-952-252-1492. We can help you every step of the way.