There are many stressful aspects of the divorce process. Separating intertwined lives can be extremely complicated and emotional and the toll that a divorce has on children is especially difficult. And the decision likely came after months, if not years, of deliberation. But, once the decision to separate or divorce has been made, your focus turns to the best way to navigate the legal process. The court system is the traditional method for settling a divorce and is still used by many divorcing couples. However, more and more couples are deciding to use divorce mediation as a tool for settling their divorce. AMS Mediation of Burnsville, MN, offers high quality, compassionate and professional divorce and parenting services which are efficient, effective, respectful, informative, and non-judgmental.
Benefits of Divorce Mediation
There are many benefits to utilizing divorce mediation services to settle important issues in a divorce such as division of property, child support, and child custody:
- Mediation is less expensive than a court battle.
- Mediation can also be less stressful and require less emotional energy than settling divorce through the court.
- Mediation often takes less time than going through the court system.
- Mediation gives you, the divorcing couple, more control over the process, allowing you to determine which issues are discussed, what your priorities are for your family and where compromise is most feasible.
- Mediation allows for creative solutions that the court may not be able to consider.
- Mediation is 100% confidential and you do not have to hash out personal details about your marriage in a courtroom.
- Mediation sets a positive tone for future communication and this is key if you will be co-parenting.
- In general, divorcing couples are more satisfied with mediated divorce settlements than settlements determined by the courts.
- Mediation allows you to begin to focus on the future, rather than continuously re-hashing the past.
Divorce Support Services Burnsville MN
AMS Mediation offers comprehensive divorce mediation services to those in the Burnsville, MN area. Our team can help facilitate a healthy and productive discussion about the most important issues in a divorce settlement (property division, financial support and child custody/parenting plan). If you would like more information about our wide array of services, call 952-252-1492 to speak with a member of our staff. In addition to superior and responsive service, we offer free, one hour consultations so that you can determine if mediation is the right path for you and your divorcing spouse.