If you’re in the process of divorcing your spouse, you are likely to have lots of questions, especially if you have children. Questions about custody are stressful to think about because they naturally create a desire for immediate answers. If you are a divorcing parent, AMS Mediation can help you get the answers you need.
Our team is knowledgeable about matters of law pertaining to child custody and we will give you the benefit of our years of experience and expertise in such matters. Specifically, we are experts in Minnesota divorce law and mediated divorce, as well as child custody issues. This makes us qualified to serve you as you seek the answers to questions that most parents have about custody issues. The divorce process creates many new feelings and experiences. When you do not yet know how custody of your children will be resolved, you should have access to the best possible source of custody knowledge – we believe that we are that source.
Using Divorce Mediation to Resolve Custody Issues
We operate as a neutral third-party when we serve as mediators. The importance of neutrality cannot be overstated and it is often what divorcing couples need in order to regain perspective about what is in the best interest of their children. Divorce challenges our perspectives and can spark many emotions. AMS Mediation offers helpful new perspectives and can help you keep these emotions in check.
Experienced Child Custody Mediator
Your situation is unique, but we can help you by providing our knowledge on some general aspects of custody matters that most parents find helpful. Those generalities come from other parents’ experiences and from our knowledge of Minnesota divorce law. When applied to your specific situation, you will find yourself making progress. We therefore operate based on the following information:
● It is important to focus on your children’s needs more so than your own.
● It is important to compartmentalize custody discussions from other aspects of your divorce, such as property division or child support.
● There is no single plan for child custody that will work for everyone. If your child has special needs relating to age, personality, or level of development, we’ll work hard to understand the unique dynamics and suggest a custody plan based on that.
● You and your children will benefit if you are able to acknowledge your spouse’s strengths.
● Barring circumstances indicating that your spouse poses a threat to your children’s health or safety, you should understand that every person has a right to share time with your children.
● If you are flexible and willing to work with your spouse, you will be encouraging your spouse to work with you too. That will make the custody mediation process work more smoothly.
Contact AMS Mediation for a free consultation. You can reach us by calling 952-252-1492, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.