Do I Need A Parenting Consultant Or A Parenting Time ExpeditorIf you are going through a divorce and having difficulty resolving issues surrounding your children and/or parenting, then you may benefit from a parenting support service offered by the team at AMS Mediation. You may not be able to agree with your spouse about much at all and find that compromise is simply not in the cards. Since you cannot possibly take each and every disagreement or conflict to a judge, Minnesota offers several key resources that can help families navigate these difficult issues.

What Is A Parenting Consultant?

A parenting consultant (PC) can help with a wide variety of issues including parent/child communication, parent/parent communication, vacation schedule negotiations, decision making about healthcare, extra-curricular activities and more. A PC can be appointed by the court and has the authority to make legally binding decisions and can put in place consequences if an agreement is broken. A parenting consultant has the legal backing to advice, support and make decisions but without the costs involved in going to court.

What Is A Parenting Time Expeditor?

A parenting time expeditor (PTE) is also appointed by the courts but only makes decisions related to conflict and disputes related to parenting time. This means that the focus of a PTE is narrower than a parenting consultant but they both are designed to keep these individual parenting issues from going to court. A parenting time expeditor can interpret, enforce and clarify existing parenting agreements and help with the process of submitting amendments to the courts.

Minnesota Parenting Support Services During And After Divorce

Both a parenting consultant and a parenting time expeditor can help you resolve difficult issues without having to go through the traditional court system. Both can be appointed by the court and will ensure that decisions are made that are in the best interest of the children. These services can save you time, money and a great deal of stress on your family. AMS Mediation offers both parenting support services to families all over the state and would be happy to help you with these issues. Co-parenting after divorce is challenging and can cause serious stress for you, your ex as well as your children. Our staff can help you find solutions so that you can move forward with your life. For more information or if a judge has referred you for one of these services, call us at 952-252-1492.


The safety of clients, ourselves, and colleagues is our top priority while we remain available to assist you as you navigate the new and uncharted territory caused by the coronavirus pandemic.


Offering All Services Virtually

While providing virtual ADR services was not part of our plan, we have made the necessary accommodations to ensure we can continue to serve our clients during these unsettling times. All services are currently available through virtually. We are using Zoom for videoconferencing. We suggest that you download this app to your phone or the program to your computer at


Limited In-Person Services

We have resumed limited in-person services for sessions with 1 or 2 participants scheduled for a maximum of 2 hours. Masks are required in our building and in session. Availability is subject to change based on local regulations and CDC guidelines.


Office Hours

Our office hours remain the same and we remain available by phone and email. The main office number is 952.252.1492. Gabe can be reached via email at


New Clients Welcome

We offer free 1-hour divorce consultations via Zoom. Potential PC and PTE clients are invited to schedule a free 15-minute phone call. Please call 952.252.1492 to set up an appointment. We are here to help!

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we all continue to adapt to these rapidly changing and chaotic times. Stay strong, stay resilient, and stay healthy!


Amber Serwat & Gabe Frye
ADR Professional & ADR Assistant

Divorce Mediation & Dispute Resolution Services - Amber Serwat Mediation

You have Successfully Subscribed!