Coping with separation and divorce including the idea that your marriage failed and guilt about how the divorce will impact your children can produce severe anxiety, depression and other emotions. It is critical that you find support for yourself during this difficult time. Support can look different for different people. AMS Mediation offers a wide variety of divorce and parenting support services for couples and individuals looking for professional assistance. Here are some of the services we provide:
1. Divorce mediation: Divorce mediation is an alternative to litigation and allows you to settle the terms of your divorce without going through the court system. This process is collaborative and generally reduces overall conflict and can lay a strong foundation for co-parenting in the future.
2. Divorce coaching: A divorce coach focuses specifically on you and your needs and helps you deal with the emotion and the difficult decisions divorce brings. Your divorce coach can help you understand the grief you are feeling, explain exactly what you should expect during the divorce process, and be there for you to help answer questions that come up.
3. Communication coaching: Lack of or poor communication is very often one of the drivers in a divorce. A communication coach offers you support and can help you with communication strategies during and after the divorce process. Your communication style needs to change with divorce – especially if you share children – and a communication coach can help you develop successful communication strategies.
4. Parenting consultant: A parenting consultant is appointed by the court, when parents cannot reach a decision about issues related to their children. A parenting consultant can make decisions that are legally binding about issues such as parenting time schedule and changes, holiday and vacation requests, parent-child communication, extra-curricular activities, and decisions about things like healthcare, therapy, school changes, daycare, discipline, etc.
5. Parenting time expeditor: A parenting time expeditor is also court appointed and can make legally binding decisions about issues related only to parenting time. The idea is that a parenting time expeditor can be an alternative to a nasty custody battle in court, saving the family money and reducing emotional stress for all parties.
Divorce Support Services In Minnesota
AMS Mediation can also help determine exactly what kind of professional support you will benefit from most. We will also encourage you to rely on personal support as well as including family, friends, co-workers, clergy, or other sources of support that you have. For more information about our divorce support services, call us at 952-252-1492.