If you have finalized your divorce and created a divorce agreement with your former spouse, but you find now that you need to make an alteration to your divorce agreement, you should know that you do have options. Of course, if you have been through a divorce, you know that it is a complicated process. Mediation is an ideal way to solve problems after divorce, rather than going through the court system, which takes significant time and resources. AMS Mediation of Burnsville, MN specializes in Minnesota divorce law, and our team has deep experience in mediation. We care about making sure that your divorce agreement works as well as possible for everyone who has been impacted by your divorce.

Post-Divorce Mediation Services

Changing a divorce agreement is possible, but you should know that it is not always easy. If the change you wish to make is about something as simple as a schedule change pertaining to your childcare agreement, the process may be simple and we can help you. But, this usually depends on the relationship you have with your parenting partner. If your relationship with your former spouse has been marked by conflict, there may be other factors involved in making the simple change. It is not uncommon for one spouse to take pleasure in making things difficult for the other spouse. Whether the change you wish to make to your divorce agreement is interpersonal, logistical, conflict-oriented, or some other variation, mediation can be very helpful in resolving the issue and finding a solution that works for all involved.

There are occasions when the process of making a change to your divorce agreement is still within the realm of the possible, but is more complicated and/or difficult to effect. One such example is making a change to the child-support portion of your divorce agreement. When one parenting partner goes through a change in employment, whether due to loss of job or a reduction in pay or other, you can choose to petition a court to review your child-support agreement. But like most court-based processes, you will have much less control over the review schedule and it can be extremely costly. Mediation is an excellent alternative to save you time and money and can usually actually reduce the conflict. Our team can make sure that you gather the appropriate documentation and will help you file the paperwork needed to make the change

Experienced Divorce Mediators, Burnsville, MN

Mediation is most often the more convenient and less costly means of making a change to your divorce agreement. We at AMS Mediation will be happy to help you sort out the details and begin the process of making the change that you need to make. If you have questions about how to make a change to your divorce agreement, contact us by calling 952.252.1492. We offer a free consultation so that you can make sure that AMS Mediation is the right choice for you.