One should use absolutes very cautiously. But few things are as close to absolute as the difficulty of divorce. The investment most people make in the promise of everlasting love in the context of marriage can be excruciatingly painful when that promise collides with the realities of marriage-dissolution.
Yes, divorce is almost always painful and sad, among other stress-responses. But the mediation of the divorce process by AMS Mediation can minimize the difficulty. Amber Serwat is trained in the art and science of mediation, and her methods are proven to be helpful to parties experiencing the dissolution of their marriages.
There are 3 main components of a mediated divorce settlement:
- Division of property: AMS Mediation can help minimize conflict over who gets what. By helping each person recognize real need and attachment to property, the divorcing couple can more realistically address their wants and desires as they relate to what had been shared belongings.
- Financial matters, such as child support and/or alimony. Reaching a fair and just conclusion about how each member of the divorcing family is supported can provide peace of mind to all involved. The fair division of savings, responsibility of debt, and—arguably most important—ensuring that all children are properly cared for financially can be maximized by AMS Mediation.
- A parenting plan, in accordance with Minnesota statutes, can ensure that the parents are in agreement with each other about how time is spent with children through visitation and custody agreements. Most parents, even when experiencing the most hostile divorce proceedings, want what’s best for their children. But the volatility of a divorce can often cause a loss of perspective in one or both parties of a divorce. Good, strong, fair mediation can ensure that neither party loses sight of the littlest victims of a marriage’s dissolution.
Benefits of Divorce Mediation
AMS Mediation is the kind of service that more divorcing couples should seek, especially when considering the option of going through the court system. Some of the immediate benefits of divorce mediation include the following:
- It minimizes the emotional and financial costs of divorce.
- It uses creativity in addressing non-legal issues, which can reduce anger and hostility among the divorcing parties and helps create a better possibility for positive co-parenting.
- Allows the separating couple to focus on the present and the future, rather than the past.
- Maintains confidentiality, ensuring that the couple’s business remains the couple’s business.
AMS Mediation is a far better choice than the traditional approach to divorce using the court system. If you would like more information or want to set up a time for a consultation, call 952-252-1492.