AMS Mediation of Burnsville, Minnesota, has a variety of educational classes to support individuals during and after divorce. AMS Mediation’s qualified staff offers a number of tools to help you get your life back in order after a difficult divorce. Just about anyone who has been through a divorce can tell you that legal processes can be overwhelming, confusing, complicated, and stressful. Our team can help you make sense of the process and find a way forward.
AMS Mediation has the means of helping you gain confidence in the areas of your life that divorce might have damaged. We offer classes that provide you with the tools you need to gain important knowledge that can empower you to navigate your unique situation and achieve a cost efficient, and family focused divorce.
Toolkit for Navigating Your Legal Process
The legal processes of divorce can cause the dissolution of your marriage to become more adversarial than you or your spouse might have expected. Our legal processes class provides insight into the common dynamics of divorce and empowers both members of the divorcing couple to enter the process with a healthier perspective and more direct knowledge of their own responses to the divorce. Some of the topics covered in this class include:
- Stress and grieving: Both are normal responses to divorce; understanding each can help you address your response to them, which allows faster healing and healthier responses.
- Options available to the couple relating to the legal process
- Division of property: Even couples who believe they have little in the way of possessions can find that what they co-own is difficult to divide, but AMS Mediation can help you make the division of property easier.
- Child support
- Spousal maintenance
- Parenting plans: This may be the real essence of the divorce process when children are affected. Couples who do not have the benefit of a mediation provider like AMS Mediation are more likely to find themselves in adversarial situations without solution. But AMS Mediation offers common-sense solutions that serve your children.
Toolkit for Successful Separate Parenting
The emotions experienced by divorcing couples can complicate how you provide parenting to your children. AMS Mediation, however, has the experience and knowledge to help you understand your unique experience alongside the trends that have been identified by AMS Mediation in divorcing couples. Some of the covered topics in Class 2 include:
- Maximizing communication skills
- How conflict impacts children
- Children’s needs, organized by age-group
- Understanding the dynamics of change and rebuilding trust
- Conflict and anger
- Ensuring the provision of healthy-parenting environments
For more information about these classes and AMS Mediation’s divorce mediation services in Minnesota, call 952-252-1492.