When you and your spouse decide to divorce, there are many things that you have to work out in order to separate your lives in a healthy way. The most important consideration is to find a way to parent your children as parenting partners, now living in different homes, rather than as spouses living in an intimate relationship. This transition is difficult for all involved as both parents and children adjust to not being able to see each other every day. Divorce mediation can help you and your divorcing spouse develop a parenting plan that will meet the unique needs of your family and put your children first. AMS Mediation of Burnsville, MN specializes in a wide variety of parenting support services that facilitate effective, cooperative and child-focused partnerships.
Parenting Support Services For Divorcing Couples, Minnesota
Unfortunately, too often the best interests of the children in the divorcing relationship are not the top priority. Conflict and emotion take over for the couple and clouds the view of how the kids from the relationship will function and gets in the way of seeing how much the children are hurt by the conflict. Parenting support services can help a divorcing couple keep their full focus on the well being of the children, through every step of the separation and/or divorce process.
AMS Mediation offers the following parenting support services for couples in the Minnesota area looking to minimize the negative impact of the divorce on the children. These services include:
- Parenting Mediation: A process that uses a neutral party (mediator) to help sort out many difficult issues during a divorce settlement.
- Parenting Consultant: A parenting consultant has authority over many different issues including parenting time, holiday schedules, communication, school schedules, and other potentially difficult situations.
- Parenting Coach: A parenting coach provides support and guidance to one of the parents who seeks help to handle issues around parenting in a positive way.
- Parenting Time Expeditor (PTE): A PTE resolves parenting time issues without having to litigate in the courts. PTEs have authority to enforce, interpret, and clarify existing parenting time court orders and generally follows a family for a long period of time.
- Parenting Education Classes: AMS Mediation offers parenting education classes that cover topics like the legal process, property division, and the emotions of divorce.
Reduce Conflict And Settle Divorce Quickly
AMS Mediation can help you settle your divorce with less overall conflict and without breaking the bank. Our team can meet with you quickly and guide you through the parenting support and divorce mediation services that are most relevant to your unique situation. Call 952-252-1492 to setup a free one hour consultation.