The Minnesota court system encourages each and every couple navigating a divorce to try an alternative dispute resolution tool (ADR) before litigating your divorce in the court. Mediation can be extremely effective and allow you to resolve all aspects of your divorce without a costly court battle. AMS Mediation specializes in helping couples settle their divorce using divorce mediation.
Here are the top 5 reasons to hire a Minnesota mediator for your divorce:
- Complete the process more quickly: Mediation sessions can be scheduled with ease, at a time that works for both parties and your mediator. This means that you can complete the process and resolve issues such as division of property, child custody and child and/or spousal maintenance in a matter of weeks to months. You can expect to need 3-4 two hour mediation sessions to settle the terms of your divorce. Litigation can take much longer to complete.
- Gives you control over your future: Your mediator serves as a neutral third party and facilitates discussion between you and your soon to be ex-spouse. You and your partner actually do the work of making decisions about how best to settle the terms of your divorce. No one knows your unique situation better than the two of you, so very often mediated divorces yield more positive, flexible and successful agreements.
- Reduce financial burden of your divorce: Divorce mediation is dramatically less expensive than a court battle. Instead of paying two different lawyers an hourly rate, you and your ex split the costs of one mediator. You can expect mediation to cost between two and ten times less than litigation.
- Minimize conflict for your family: Mediation actually reduces the overall conflict related to your divorce. It is focused on finding common ground and compromise so the process very often lessens the conflict present. The litigation process can increase overall conflict, pinning you and your spouse against each other to try to “win” your battle.
- Reduce overall stress of the process: Because of each of the factors described above, divorce mediation is generally considered less stressful than litigation. Mediation allows you to move forward faster, in a more positive direction, focusing on your future rather than your past.
Experienced Minnesota Divorce Mediator
Amber Serwat with AMS Mediation is a trained and experienced Minnesota mediator that can help you navigate your divorce. She offers comprehensive mediation services so that you can find fair, equitable and affordable solutions that work best for you and your family. To learn more about the divorce mediation process or to schedule a time for a free consultation, call 952-252-1492.