Mediation is fast becoming one of the most highly effective and sought after tools for settling divorces and solving family disputes such as child support or custody arrangements. If you are facing a divorce, you may initially be skeptical about exploring the idea of divorce mediation, but there are many important benefits to pursuing this path.
- Save yourself money: The cost of divorce has been financially crippling for many families. Mediation is less expensive in large part because you do not pay court costs, lawyer fees and lengthy battles. The majority of mediation cases in Minnesota are settled before they enter a courtroom.
- Save yourself time: Because you are not waiting on the court schedule, you have the opportunity to set your own timeline for the mediation process. Often, mediators are willing to meet at night or on weekends, so you can cover more ground in a shorter period of time. This often results in a much faster resolution which allows you and your ex-spouse to move on with your lives.
- Reduced conflict benefits all: The mediation process is based on the premise that using strong communication, compromise and cooperation can yield results that are more positive for both parties. As a result, mediation yields less conflict between the spouses, and less pressure on children to weigh in during the litigation process. Less conflict is a great benefit for all involved.
- More opportunity for unique solutions: Because you control the discussion and you choose the topics that need to be settled, you can think creatively about solutions that a court system would not be able to entertain. You can focus on things that are specific to you and your family and skim over things that are not as important to your settlement.
- Allows you to create a strong foundation for the future: While it may be hard to look past the divorce settlement, it truly is just the beginning of a new phase of your relationship (particularly if you are co-parenting). Mediation allows you to set the tone in a positive and collaborative way for future discussions and problem solving.
AMS Mediation of Minnesota: Efficient, Effective and Respectful
Amber Serwat has focused on divorce mediation and parenting services for many years, with a unique perspective on the process, as she has been through it herself. She provides superior customer service and professional, efficient and respectful mediation services. She offers free consultations to give individuals and couples a real sense of what to expect during the mediation process. Give AMS Mediation a call at 1-952-252-1492 with questions or to schedule a convenient time to meet.