Divorce mediation is an incredibly useful tool for couples that wish to navigate a divorce in a way that will minimize conflict and expenses so that the you can move forward in the healthiest way possible. Divorce mediation gives the power to make decision about the settlement to the divorcing couple, with the help of a neutral third party, a mediator. Important issues such as child support, division of property (assets and debts) and parenting plans can be negotiated using divorce mediation. AMS Mediation specializes in providing strong, compassionate, cost effective divorce mediation services to couples in the Burnsville, MN area.
Benefits Of Mediation
Many divorcing couples in the Minnesota area have begun to look to divorce mediation as an alternative to proceeding through the traditional court system to finalize the important aspects of a divorce. There are many reasons why couples should choose mediation over the court system:
- Less Expensive: You can expect divorce mediation to cost significantly less than a court battle primarily because you are paying one mediator for his/her time and effort rather than 2 lawyers. On average, you will pay 20-50% less overall when you use mediation to settle your divorce.
- Faster resolution: Divorce mediation can settle your divorce in as few as 3-4 two hour meetings. A lengthy court battle can take months, and sometimes years.
- Minimizes conflict: Settling your divorce in the courts is by definition an adversarial process. Mediation looks for common ground or solutions and minimizes overall conflict.
- More confidential: All communication discussed in mediation is 100% confidential. When you settle via the courts, you speak in open court, in front of a judge, officers of the court, employees, lawyers and others that may have access to the courtroom.
- Flexibility: The courts cannot take into account all of the unique needs of your family. Mediation allows you to think creatively about solutions that will meet your family’s specific needs.
- Protects your children from conflict: Mediation helps you model positive behavior for your children and protects your kids from unnecessary conflict.
Divorce Mediation Services, MN
AMS Mediation offers professional divorce mediation and parenting services for couples in Minnesota who are looking for a way to get through their divorce with less conflict. Amber Serwat uses her client-centered focus to help individuals to reach fair, affordable, and workable solutions that meet their unique needs and circumstances. Call 1.952.252.1492 for more information or to schedule a time for a free one hour consultation.