Co-parenting after a divorce can be extremely tough and stressful. Adjusting to this new way of life can wear on parents quickly. For your children’s sake, it is important that as parents you are able to work through the difficult times so that you can provide the best atmosphere for your children to grow up in. If you live in Minnesota and are struggling to overcome the conflict when it comes to co-parenting, consider teaming up with AMS Mediation. Our team is committed and ready to serve as a parenting resource during this transition in your life.
Key Pitfalls of Co-parenting to Avoid
- Extreme Anger – It is very common for individuals to feel high levels of anger and hatred towards their ex-spouse. While you may be partially justified with the way you feel, this brings no positive aspect to the children. Your kids can pick up on your feelings quickly, so if you feel the extreme anger approaching, contact AMS Mediation immediately so that we can help calm you down.
- Selfishness – Trying to win the battle of who is the best parent is a common issue that occurs with co-parenting. Don’t put your children through this long winded battle with your ex-spouse. It is important that you encourage your children to have a positive relationship with your ex-spouse as well. Greedy plans now may end up backfiring on you later in life. Also, always keep your children first and our team will give you the guidance to never put your needs over theirs.
- Laziness – You will be held accountable for what was agreed upon with your divorce. It is important to follow through with what was agreed upon in your divorce, and AMS Mediation is here to help make that happen.
- Jealousy – Chances are that at some point, your ex-spouse may find a new love and their pictures may get posted all over social media. Instead of focusing on feelings of discontent, let our staff help you pursue aspects of your life that make you happy.
- Pride – Don’t let your pride get in the way of co-parenting. You still have to maintain a relationship with your ex-spouse, and with your children in mind, swallowing your pride is very important.
- Control – Think of co-parenting as a business relationship. In order for it to be successful, you both must be willing to work together and come to agreeance on various items. At AMS Mediation, we will help you with compromising and communicating with your ex-spouse so that your co-parenting relationship can be a success.
So, if you live in Minnesota and are struggling with the new lifestyle of co-parenting, it is time to team up with AMS Mediation. With very diverse co-parenting resources, our team is eager to help you through this parenting transition. Give us a call today at (952) 252-1492 to set up a free consultation.